Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Requiem for an ex pill-popper.

OWCH.

4 weeks after coming off the pill and my body is behaving like a heroin-starved junkie. I knew there would be a period of adjustment, but I had no idea it would be like this! So far, here is a list of lovely experiences I've had associated with coming off the pill:

* HUGE leg cramps (kinda like sciatica, where you get 'stuck')
* Bloating. BLOAT-ING. Like "Honey, did you swallow a watermelon?"
* Pimples. I look and feel like a hormonal 15 year old again. Big puss-y welts on my face.
* Put on 1kg in 4 DAYS! (Aren't you meant to LOSE WEIGHT??? Wasn't that the whole point to doing this???)

Maybe it wasn't such a great idea to come off the pill a month before my wedding. God, I hope I don't look/feel this crap on the day. It'll be like; "here comes the bri - ARGH!!!! It's HIDEOUS!"

Is it too late to elope?

I've been soooo good too, and that's what makes this ten times more tragic. I've been dairy free,I haven't had any junk food for a week now, I've been walking at least 1/2 hour everyday (usually more), I've been sticking to my Quickloss shakes with no carbs for dinner and 2 teeny snacks... and what do I get?

Another frikkin kilo, a distended painful gut, and a face like a pizza. (Not that I'm allowed to eat pizza)

Humph.

No comments: