Thursday, January 08, 2009

Ow, my liver: It's too fat.

With just 17 days to go until the big day, I am resigned to the fact that a dramatic 20 kg weight loss before the day just isn't going to happen. instead I have found myself to be...ahem... the heaviest I have ever been by 10 kg. 2 weeks ago weighing in at 97kg, I immediately began walking my hubby-2-be to work each morning (30 min) and running/walking 30 min each day on the treadmill. I jumped on the scale today...

...and I have put on 1kg!

WTF!? (again)

This is so UNCOOL. I think my body is broken. Seriously. Surely?! Come on - a 200g loss for my troubles??? Even a maintain? But no...

So i took some action and I have bought some Dr Sandra Cabot meal replacement shakes and I'm gonna give them a whirl. they come witha nifty little meal planner sheet too, which looks pretty easy, and hey - at least then I dont have to worry about weighing/measuring/eating wrong size portions. Then at least I can say 'Well, it's not my diet" if I gain more weight (GOD FORBID).

Sandra Cabot wrote the Liver Cleasing Diet, which is basically an institution here in Australia among nutritionists and naturopaths... You guys heard of it overseas??? Anywho, it's pretty hard to stick to, but it's only for 8 weeks and it gets easier as you go. It's like a big detox. My hardest thing is giving up wheat products and dairy - OOOOHHHH dairy. That bit HURTS! Not for Laura tho - she makes me sick; she's just so damn dedicated to veganism and getting healthy. You go girl!

Hopefully more positive things to report next post.


No comments: